White Sage with Rosemary
This smudge stick combines white sage and rosemary in order to take advantage of the properties of both plants at the same time.
It's a well-known medicinal plant. Its scientific name is Salvia Apiana, which comes from the Latin salvare - to heal. Most of its properties are found in the leaves which absorb the energy of the sun to produce lots of essential oils.
In Celtic Europe, druids would use it in order to increase their wisdom and during healing and protection rituals. Many Native American cultures would also make use of the plant to purify body and mind.
It's so common that we usually forget its great properties. As a powerful invigorating plant that allows to raise good vibrations and to cleanse negative energies. It can also be used during protection rituals of people and places. After burning rosemary, the atmosphere is clean and pure and we feel a sensation of peace and wellbeing.
About its cultivation
Our plants are grown 100% naturally and their growth depends on the climate. That's why the size of the bundles can vary from year to year, following seasonal contingency and changing harvesting. It's interesting to know that, during drought periods, the concentration of essential oils in the leaves is higher.
How to use it
Purification rituals are universal practices. They are said to enhance mental clarity, joy and calmness.
1. Use a heat resistant container such as an abalone shell. Place it on top of an appropriate stand and take a feather or a fan.
2. Light the end of the bundle, preferably with a match. Let it burn for a few seconds, and then blow the flame. Be careful, the leaves can easily be blown away. Place the bundle on top of the container you've chosen.
3. For places: go through each room and guide the scented smoke with the feather or fan towards the place you would like to cleanse.
4. For persons: guide the smoke towards the parts of the body you want to purify, head, arms, legs, back, etc.
5. Wait until the smudging bundle goes out. According to Indian beliefs, it will carry on burning until purification is over.
Remember that smudging is an intention-based ritual. With a pure heart and noble aspiration, you will boost its effect.
Ventilate the room after use. Do not inhale the smoke directly.