Harmony Set - White Sage & Japanese Incense
The Harmony Set contains all the key elements to make smudging rituals with white sage and to perfume your home with Japanese incense.
Between two purification sessions, enjoy the delicate fragrance of Sakura cherry blossom, a symbol of Japanese culture.
It’s a precious ritual object that is used as a bowl for smudging ceremonies. The inner part of the shell is covered with mother-of-pearl, hence its delicate iridescent reflections. It’s said to bring a feeling of protection, purity and balance.
Smudging with an abalone shell is like invoking the divine force of fire and the spirit of the ocean during an energetic cleansing.
California white sage
“Why should a man die whilst sage grows in his garden?” This sentence from a treatise of the Schola Medica Salerrnitana (XIIth-XIIIth century) tells us a lot about this medicinal plant.
Its name comes from the Latin salvare - to heal. It grows in the South-West of the United States, mainly in California, and the North-West of Mexico.
Most of its properties can be found in the leaves which absorb the energy of the sun to produce lots of essential oils. It gives off a pleasant and relaxing scent. Our white sage is grown naturally without fertilizers or pesticides.
How to use it
- Place a little bit of marble sand in the shell.
- Light the bundle with a match on top of the shell. Let the leaves burn for a few seconds, and then blow the flame. Be careful, the leaves can easily be blown away.
- Purification of people: use the feather to guide the smoke towards the people who are participating in the ritual: guide it to the head, back, arms and legs of each person.
- Cleansing of places: go through each room with the shell and disperse the scented smoke with the feather following your intuition.
Remember that smudging is an intention-based ritual. With a pure heart and noble aspiration, you will boost its effect.
Tokusen Sakura Usuzumi incense, a murmur of eternity
- This incense is a tribute to Usuzumi no Sakura, the pale grey cherry blossom, the giant tree of more than 1500 years that grows in the mountains of Gifu. Every spring it blooms again as a miracle of life.
- Tokusen Sakura Usuzumi has a sensual perfume based on cherry blossom, sandalwood and Japanese cypress oil that generates a feeling of calm and serenity.
- Use: light the end of a stick, blow the flame and set it in the marble sand you have put inside the shell.
- Less smoke incense.
Ventilate the room after use. Do not inhale the smoke directly.